Officials Confirm That Prince Died Of An Overdose

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

The world was rocked when legendary singer Prince died in April, aged just 57.

He was found dead in his Minneapolis-area estate on the 21st April. Today, US law enforcement official’s have told the Associated Press agency that the singer’s death was due to an opioid overdose. According to Sky the doctor who treated Prince 2 weeks before his death is also currently in questioning.

It has now been reported that the first responders who attended his side had treated him with a shot of Narcan, which is used in suspected opioid overdoses. The superstar had been known for his currently clean lifestyle and friends reported that they did not think he was using drugs at the time of his death.

The drug suspected to cause his death wasbuprenorphine, often used to treat previous opioid addiction or as a painkiller.

Further information as the story develops.

H/T: BBC

Read more: http://www.hellou.co.uk/2016/06/officials-confirm-that-prince-died-of-an-overdose-93808/

Leave a Reply